Enhanced Drug Distribution Security: 2023 and Beyond
Starts On: Fri, 2/25/22: 12:00 AM EST
Ends On: Tue, 12/31/24: 12:00 AM EST
Type: Enduring Material
Description: FDA will provide updates on implementation of supply chain security requirements under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act and describe requirements that go into effect in 2023 for enhanced drug distribution security. Enhanced product tracing and verification will help protect patients by improving detection and response to suspect and illegitimate products and prevent the distribution of illegitimate products in the U.S. FDA and the supply chain will need to work together to establish a fully electronic, interoperable system for enhanced drug distribution security across the entire drug supply chain.
- Summarize updates on implementation of supply chain security requirements under the Drug Supply Chain
Security Act (DSCSA).
- Describe requirements that go into effect in 2023 for enhanced drug distribution security.
- Explain how enhanced drug distribution security will help protect patients from exposure to drugs that may be
counterfeit, stolen, contaminated, or otherwise harmful.
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
- By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.