Counseling Patients on Generic Drugs
Starts On: Fri, 4/1/22: 12:00 AM EDT
Ends On: Tue, 12/31/24: 12:00 AM EST
Type: Enduring Material
Description: This webinar will provide health care providers with information and knowledge on how to answer questions that patients may have about generic drugs such as whether generic drugs work the same as brand-name drugs, why they might look different, why they cost less, and if they are as safe as the brand-name drug. The presentation will also give providers information on therapeutic equivalence and how they can locate a generic drug equivalent for their patients.
- Describe the requirements for a generic drug to be considered equivalent to the brand-name drug.
- Explain why generic medicines cost less than brand-name medicines.
- Review the methods used by FDA to monitor the safety and effectiveness of generic drugs.
- Identify the source for locating therapeutically equivalent generic drugs for patients.
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
- By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.