An Overview of Naloxone and FDA’s Efforts to Expand Access
Starts On: Wed, 4/6/22: 12:00 AM EDT
Ends On: Sun, 12/31/23: 12:00 AM EST
Type: Enduring Material
Description: This webinar was designed to aid healthcare professionals in understanding the forms of naloxone that are available for the emergency treatment of acute opioid overdose and also increased knowledge of steps that FDA has taken to expand community access to naloxone.
- Describe what naloxone is, how it works, and the availability of products for treatment of acute opioid
- Identify the steps FDA has taken to encourage prescribers to discuss naloxone with patients
- Explain FDA’s work to support the development of an over-the-counter (OTC) naloxone product
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
- By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.