Development and U.S. Regulation of Preventive Vaccines
Starts On: Thu, 12/15/22: 12:00 AM EST
Ends On: Mon, 12/15/25: 12:00 AM EST
Type: Enduring Material
Description: This webinar will provide an overview of the development and federal regulations for vaccines in the United States. We will discuss key statutes that grants the Food and Drug Administration authority to regulate vaccines, precipitating historical events, and current regulatory requirements for vaccine licensure and marketing approval. The basic vaccine development process and key regulatory milestones will also be covered.
- Identify the legislative Acts leading to and authorizing FDA to regulate preventive vaccines and discuss the historical context of each.
- List basic regulatory requirements and types of data needed to support vaccine licensure and marketing approval.
- Outline the usual vaccine development process from conception to marketing and explain key regulatory milestones during the process.
- This warning banner provides privacy and security notices consistent with applicable federal laws, directives, and other federal guidance for accessing this Government system, which includes (1) this computer network, (2) all computers connected to this network, and (3) all devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network.
- This system is provided for Government-authorized use only.
- Unauthorized or improper use of this system is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action and/or civil and criminal penalties.
- Personal use of social media and networking sites on this system is limited as to not interfere with official work duties and is subject to monitoring.
- By using this system, you understand and consent to the following:
- The Government may monitor, record, and audit your system usage, including usage of personal devices and email systems for official duties or to conduct HHS business. Therefore, you have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transiting or stored on this system. At any time, and for any lawful Government purpose, the government may monitor, intercept, and search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this system.
- Any communication or data transiting or stored on this system may be disclosed or used for any lawful Government purpose.