Tue, 11/28/23: 12:00 AM EST
Fri, 11/27/26: 12:00 AM EST
This activity will focus on the importance of medications used for opioid use disorder and provide an overview of FDA's postmarket surveillance process related to medication errors. The presenters will discuss medication errors identified for naltrexone injectable suspension, actions to mitigate those errors, and will highlight the importance of the healthcare provider's role in drug safety.
- Discuss the opioid crisis and importance of medications used to treat opioid use disorder.
- Describe an overview of postmarket drug safety and postmarket surveillance.
- Illustrate how FDA’s process for identifying and evaluating postmarket safety issues was applied for medication errors.
- Recognize how postmarket safety information can be used to change product labeling.
- Summarize how healthcare providers can contribute to drug safety within their practice.
Review the Activity Announcement for additional details: Announcement Form
Additional Resources: SLIDES